Get to Know Our Legal Team
• Emerging Companies & Private Equity
• Mergers & Acquisition
• Cyber Security & Data Privacy
• Florida Supreme Court
• Pinellas County Circuit Court
• Hillsborough County Circuit Court
• Federal Circuit Court, Florida Middle District Court
• Florida Coastal School of Law (2013)
• The University of Miami, School of Law (2012)
• The University of Illinois, Springfield (2010)
Board of Directors
• Social Enterprise Alliance
• For Good Movement Inc.
As the managing attorney and founder of FL Patel law PLLC, Kalpesh is a seasoned entrepreneur and manager who represents business in all stages of development as well as investors seeking opportunities in today’s innovation economy. From entity formation and financing – seed stage, early-stage, and late-stage venture capital and private equity- Kalpesh guides his clients through the full corporate life cycle.
Focusing on a transactional practice allows Kalpesh to be available for his clients at a moment’s notice. After all, you have to close the deals while they are hot. For many clients, Kalpesh acts as outside general counsel, handling everything from corporate governance and executive compensation agreements to commercial contracts and labor and employment issues. Kalpesh also advises the board of directors on strategic plans and corporate restructuring and organization.
Kalpesh has utilized his business acumen and legal savviness to create a platform to provide strategies that were once only provided by big law firms to companies growing in the middle-market area. With a solid framework of legal business processes, he works with clients to implement systems and procedures so that clients don’t have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on litigation.
Kalpesh’s experience spans a wide range of industries from traditional to companies taking technology to a new frontier, such as:
• Augmented and Virtual Reality
• Cryptocurrency and Enforcement Actions from the CFTC and SEC
• Digital Media
• Consumer and Enterprise Software
• Internet of Things
• Social Enterprise – Mixing Profits with Social Purpose
Kalpesh is a mentor at Tampa Bay Wave Incubator and Accelerator, a non-profit organization that helps tech start-ups in the area. He also sits on the Board of Directors for Social Enterprise Alliance, a nonprofit that works to create economic opportunities for other non-profits, and For Good Movement, Inc., an organization dedicated to embracing the idea that business can be used as a force for good. Outside of his busy schedule, Kalpesh enjoys spending time with his fiancé and dog in sunny St. Petersburg.