How to Find Your Florida Business Entity’s Document Number

Last updated: January 25, 2020
You are here:
Estimated reading time: 1 min

Finding the Document Number for Florida Business Entities

To top

  • To find a Florida business entity’s document number.
  • Limited Liability Companies
  • Limited Liability Partnerships 
  • Non-Profits
  • Corporations
  • Benefit Corporations
Additional Information: Your Florida business entity’s document number is the 6- or 12-digit number assigned by the Department of State’s Division of Corporations during its initial registration. Your document number is necessary for certain procedures and important filings, including your company’s annual report. You can also use a business’s document number to search the Department’s records on Sunbiz
  1. Go to the Florida Department of State’s Division of Corporations website.
  2. Click on the “Search Records” tab in the upper left-hand corner. 
  3. Search for your business using the desired criteria under the section labeled “Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, and Trademarks.” You can search for your business by name, officers, registered agent, federal employer identification number, or address, to name a few of your options.
  4. Click on your business’s name in the search results. This will take you to a page displaying your information as it is currently on record with the Division of Corporations. 
  5. Your company’s document number is the first item under “Filing Information.” 
  6. While you should write down or print out the number and keep it somewhere safe and accessible, it’s also a good idea to save a digital copy (such as a screenshot or by saving a copy of the webpage) as well.

Does your business need help reorganizing your corporate binder or other important legal documents, whether you’re preparing to sell or just want to make life a little easier? Our firm provides organizational and legal support as well as corporate secretarial services to businesses of all sizes. Schedule a time to speak with an attorney by visiting our consultation page or by calling (727) 279-5037. 

Was this article helpful?
Dislike 2
Views: 15421